Important Dates for Class of 2020 Admissions Cycle
November 1, 2017: Application opens
March 1, 2018: Application deadline
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS SEEKING ADMISSIONS TO THE UF MHA PROGRAM HAVE TWO (2) OPTIONS FOR SUBMITTING THEIR APPLICATION MATERIALS. Students may apply:
Directly through the University of Florida Graduate School;
Through the on-line Healthcare Administration, Management, and Policy Centralized Application Service (HAMPCAS) system.
Instructions for each process are below.
To Apply Through the University of Florida Graduate School
- All applicants including UF students must complete the Graduate School on-line application and all applicants including UF students must pay the $30 application fee.
The application does not have to be completed at one time, but make note of the UFID# you will be provided upon payment of the application fee. This ID# will be your special identifier.
- Under Program of Study, please specify Health Administration.
- Arrange to have all official transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than the University of Florida) sent to:
OFFICE OF GRADUATE ADMISSIONS UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA P.O. BOX 114000 GAINESVILLE, FL. 32602-2946
- Arrange to have official GRE or GMAT test scores sent directly to the University of Florida at above address. The University of Florida School Code is 5812.
- Arrange to have official TOEFL scores sent to above address (International students only).
- Calculate your GPA based on instructions on on-line application form.
- Attach your current resume.
- Fill out the contact information on your 3 references. The Graduate School will contact your references and furnish them with the required forms.
- Attach your Statement of Purpose. This is a 1-2 page explanation of your career goals and why you wish to earn your MHA degree at the University of Florida.
- In addition to submitting a statement of purpose, applicants must complete two of the following essays. While other elements of your application provide us with details regarding your academic and professional accomplishments, essays offer insight into who you are rather than just what you have achieved.
There are no length or word-count requirements for these essays. Please just answer the questions honestly and authentically, without regard to what you think the “right” answer is.
- What is one way in which you failed in the past four years? What specific insight did you gain from the experience and how has it shaped your development?
- What matters most to you, and why?
To Apply Through HAMPCAS
- Go to the HAMPCAS website and create an account.
- Complete the online application, including responses to two (2) essay prompts and the submission of current resume and statement of purpose.
- Have all official transcripts sent to HAMPCAS.
- Self-report GRE scores and have official scores sent to HAMPCAS using school code 7437.
- Obtain three (3) Letters of Recommendation. At least one letter should be from a current or former faculty member.
*Please note, if you apply through HAMPCAS and are invited to interview with the Program, you also will be asked to submit an application to the UF Graduate School.
Graduate School Requirements for All Applicants Three Basic Requirements: A previous college degree, at least a 3.0 grade point average and satisfactory GRE or GMAT scores.
Please note: Non-US and Puerto Rican applicants must also meet a fourth basic graduate admission requirement: Satisfactory English test scores. Click on this link to learn more: Additional Information/Requirements for International Applicants.
Degree: All applicants must have a prior bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited US institution, or a degree deemed equivalent to them by the UF Office of Admissions’ evaluation of official transcripts. If your degree is not a US equivalent, but you still want to be considered for admission, you will need to get Graduate School approval by submitting a degree evaluation agency’s assessment that says the degree is equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree. The Graduate School can provide you with a list of agencies recognized by UF.
UF cannot accept applicants with degrees from US institutions that are not regionally accredited.
Grade Point Average: Applicants who graduated with a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited US institution must have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better. Applicants calculate their own grade point averages according to the instructions on the graduate admission application form. That form says the grade point average is to include all grades and credits, starting after the term where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours.
GRE/GMAT/FE Scores: All applicants must have GRE (Graduate Record Examination) scores of 300 and above. GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) scores are an acceptable alternative to GRE scores for the UF College of Business Administration, the UF Department of Food and Resource Economics, the UF Master of Health Administration program and the UF Master of Science in Sport Management program. The required minimum for GMAT scores is 465 total.
- If you have specific questions, please contact: Tamara Herchel at firstname.lastname@example.org. (352-273-6078)