Graduate School Requirements for All Applicants: A previous college degree, at least a 3.0 grade point average.
Please note: Non-U.S. and Puerto Rican applicants must also meet a fourth basic graduate admission requirement: Satisfactory English test scores. Learn more: Additional Information/Requirements for International Applicants.
Transcripts: All applicants must have a prior bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a degree deemed equivalent to them by the UF Office of Admissions’ evaluation of official transcripts. If your degree is not a U.S. equivalent, but you still want to be considered for admission, you will need to get Graduate School approval by submitting a degree evaluation agency’s assessment that says the degree is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. The Graduate School can provide you with a list of agencies recognized by UF.
UF cannot accept applicants with degrees from U.S .institutions that are not regionally accredited.
Grade Point Average: Applicants who graduated with a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution must have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better. Applicants calculate their own grade point averages according to the instructions on the graduate admission application form. That form says the grade point average is to include all grades and credits, starting after the term where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours.
The GRE is not required as part of the MHA admission process. However, to demonstrate a quantitative readiness for the MHA Program, applicants need to have a B or better in three quantitative-based courses. Examples include Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, and Finance courses. If you do not have course work to fulfill the quantitative requirements, you can use GRE scores as a substitute. A minimum quantitative score of 150 and a total score of 300 is needed to demonstrate readiness.
Steps to apply through the University of Florida Graduate School
- All applicants including UF students must complete the Graduate School online application and all applicants including UF students must pay the $30 application fee. The application does not have to be completed at one time, but make note of the UFID# you will be provided upon payment of the application fee. This ID# will be your special identifier.
- Under Program of Study, please specify: Health Administration
- Arrange to have all official transcripts from each previous institution attended (other than the University of Florida) sent to:
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32602-2946
- International Students Only: Arrange to have official TOEFL (90 or higher) scores sent to above address
- Attach Current Resume
- Letters of Recommendation: Complete the contact information for three (3) references. The Graduate School will contact your references. References must be current (within the last 4 years).
- Attach Statement of Purpose: This is a 1-2 page explanation of your career goals and why you wish to earn a UF MHA degree.
- Two (2) Additional Questions: Applicants must complete both questions (there are no word-count requirements): Number your response Q1 and Q2 and upload as a .pdf document to “Other Upload” under the “Resume/Other” section.
- (Q1) What is one way in which you have failed as an adult? What specific insight did you gain from the experience?
- (Q2) How has the failure you described in the previous question shaped your development?