Graduate School Requirements for All Applicants: A previous college degree, at least a 3.0 grade point average and satisfactory GRE or GMAT scores.
Please note: Non-U.S. and Puerto Rican applicants must also meet a fourth basic graduate admission requirement: Satisfactory English test scores. Learn more: Additional Information/Requirements for International Applicants.
Degree: All applicants must have a prior bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or a degree deemed equivalent to them by the UF Office of Admissions’ evaluation of official transcripts. If your degree is not a U.S. equivalent, but you still want to be considered for admission, you will need to get Graduate School approval by submitting a degree evaluation agency’s assessment that says the degree is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree. The Graduate School can provide you with a list of agencies recognized by UF.
UF cannot accept applicants with degrees from U.S .institutions that are not regionally accredited.
Grade Point Average: Applicants who graduated with a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution must have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better. Applicants calculate their own grade point averages according to the instructions on the graduate admission application form. That form says the grade point average is to include all grades and credits, starting after the term where the applicant reached 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours.
****GRE TEST REQUIREMENT IS WAIVED FOR FALL 2021 ADMISSIONS****
Additional Required Documents:
- Current resume
- Letters of Recommendation: Complete the contact information for three (3) references. The Graduate School will contact your references.
- Statement of Purpose: This is a 1-2 page explanation of your career goals and why you wish to earn your MHA degree at the University of Florida.
- Two (2) Personal Essays: Applicants must complete both of the following essays (there are no word-count requirements): Please upload as a single .pdf document to “Other Upload” under the “Resume/Other” section. Please use headers for each essay so it would be easy for the reader to determine which essay question you are responding to.
- What is one way in which you have failed as an adult? What specific insight did you gain from the experience?
- How has the failure you described in the previous question shaped your development?