Find out more about our initiative and how we can benefit you!
Click here to access our weekly agendas, content, and resources for our weekly sessions!
- It is estimated that almost 50,000 nursing home residents and staff have died from COVID-19, representing nearly one-quarter of the nation’s known COVID-19 deaths
- Nursing home residents are especially vulnerable due to their age, their underlying frailty, and their communal living conditions
- Nursing home staff members who care for our seniors are among the most needed and most at-risk essential workers
The AHRQ ECHO National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network aims to rapidly assist nursing homes in consistently implementing evidence-based best practices to protect residents and staff. The goals of the Network are to help nursing homes:
- Keep SARS-COV-2 from entering nursing homes where it has not already entered.
- Early identification of residents and staff who have been infected with SARS-COV-2.
- Prevent the spread of SARS-COV-2 between staff, residents, and visitors.
- Provide safe and appropriate care to residents with mild and asymptomatic cases of SARS-COV-2.
- Ensure staff have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to implement best-practice safety measures to protect residents and themselves.
- Reduce social isolation for residents, families, and staff during these difficult times.